Avatar: A New Hope?

That’s it, I saw the film the most expensive film. Jim Cameron returns to SF after laying a film of love that I disliked (yes the one with the big boat that sank at the end).

In love, there’s always a little in this Avatar. In the first scenario, an almost impossible love between a human and a Na’Vi, inhabitant of the planet Pandora. In love, there are also between Cameron and the film. A picture of a Tolkien, the director of Terminator has created an A to Z universe consistent with its fauna, flora, its people, dialects and religions.

This is one of the first parallel that I could perform with the greatest film saga, like a Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, Avatar takes us elsewhere. “You’re not in Kansas.

To support a world as rich, he had many new techniques. On this side, one gets a face full mouth, it’s beautiful, my god it’s beautiful. Distinguish between true and false is almost impossible. Each piece of this film (the Na’Vi, bugs, plants) are “manufactured” to perfection. Only now, our conscience reminds us that this is not real and I thought several times before a very good movie … animation, maybe I lost my childish imagination.

Speaking techniques, I can not cite the 3D market argument of the film. I confess, was my first film in 3D, so I can not compare but this “style effect” does not bring any gadget and immersion necessary to delve into Avatar and believe thoroughly.

Besides a rather conventional scenario, I found the cast very good: a Sam Worthington becoming one of the best actors of his generation, an excellent native Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver a magnified again by the camera Cameron ( brothel Ripley, Ripley!) and Michelle Rodriguez proves again its potential for fabulous actress (seriously).

Cameron’s film is punctuated with very large moments of bravery (the final battle, a nod to the final battle of Aliens but reversed the outcome) that make Avatar a huge spectacle, as was his time to some war taking place in a galaxy far, far away, before becoming a cult work. Time will tell.

6 Responses to Avatar: A New Hope?

1. aa' mil says:

Hmmm… Ilike Avatar

2. Ish says:

Dropping by to say Have a Happy Healthy Holidays to you and your family!

3. Another Blogger says:

Avatar is a great and genius movie ever ;)

4. ILHAM says:

waaaaw………..
    I like it, it like avatar the lagend of aang…
    good, thanks for your information…

5. mapdota says:

nice blog..keep posting!!!

6. Benjamin Auffarth says:

I just came from cinema. I completely agree with you that special effects are great. I loved the 3D vision, although sometimes I found it a bit blurry. Sam Worthington proved again his worth and I always like Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez. I think your comparison with star wars is right on target. I was imagining one of these very long battle scenes in one of the new star wars movies which are very similar to avatar's final battle scene.

This on the positive side. But then are was really appalled by the mysticism and the premise of the whole movie. The idea is, I think, that we need to go back to the roots, find connection with nature, are destroying earth. In many scenes I though that this was a fight nature against technology. Many people still think of the brave, strong, and noble natives as an ideal as if we haven't made any progress. I am thinking of writing a post about that to prove the point that technological advance is good.